Really Simple SSL automatically detects your settings and configures your website to run over https.
To keep it lightweight, the options are kept to a minimum. The entire site will move to SSL.
THREE SIMPLE STEPS FOR SETUP:
- Get an SSL certificate (can’t do that for you, sorry.) See our recommendations for a free SSL certificate.
- Activate this plugin
- Enable SSL with one click
- The mixed content scan, which shows you what you have to do if you don’t have the secure lock yet
- The option to enable HTTP Strict Transport Security
- The option to configure your site for the HSTS preload list
- Advanced security headers for additional security
- Mixed Content Fixer for the back-end
- More detailed feedback on the configuration page
- Certificate expiration check: get an email when your SSL certificate is about to expire
- Premium support
WHAT DOES THE PLUGIN ACTUALLY DO
- The plugin handles most issues that WordPress has with SSL, like when you’re behind a reverse proxy/load balancer, or when no headers are passed which WordPress can use to detect SSL.
- All incoming requests are redirected to https. Default with an internal WordPress redirect, but you can also enable a .htaccess redirect.
- The siteurl and homeurl are changed to https.
- Your insecure content is fixed by replacing all http:// URL’s with https://, except hyperlinks to other domains. Dynamically, so no database changes are made (except for the siteurl and homeurl).